Our vision, values, mission and objectives
Working with young carers to make a difference for life
- Inclusion: we welcome and involve everyone, and challenge discrimination, to improve the lives of all young carers
- Innovation: we reflect and change to always do the best we can
- Inspiration: we share our expertise and energy to inspire positive change
- Impact: we see and nurture potential to make lasting change in young carers’ lives
- We aim to promote the needs and rights of children and young people who are carers.
- We are committed to involving and inspiring children and young people, families and the wider community to create lasting change for young carers.
- We recognise that children and young people experience discrimination and oppression. We are committed to challenging this and to advocating for the rights of individuals and groups.
- We will learn from, develop and share best practice to continually improve our service and enable others to improve the lives of young carers.
- To put young carers’ participation and voice at the heart of all we do.
- To use a whole family approach to increase the social inclusion, educational outcomes and emotional and physical wellbeing of young carers.
- To raise awareness and enable others to identify and support young carers; working in partnership to embed long term change.
- To continue to improve and innovate whilst maintaining quality, strategic direction and financial stability.